Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #7 Cool Tools

This trip down the yellow brick road has been interesting! The google alerts, which I have signed up for will keep me posted on the upcoming elections and weather(hurricanes). Even if I want to keep up with the football scores of the Texans and my mighty Dallas Cowboys, I can have the score at my finger tips!

Google Docs--where have you been? As a teacher, this tool will help in presenting information to my students (TAKS strategies, writers notebook(CCP) ideas, open house information to parents, team meeting agendas, and tracking my students scores on each benchmark. I really love this tool--many possibilities! Another way is to have certain songs and poems for students to read and to use as a work station.

Google Calendar-- no more pencil and paper! I can track my appointments, meetings, staff developments, and when to begin my progress reports and report card documentation. This is really a teacher's friend! This tool is so "global"; I can see what is coming up in the next week or month.

The Land of Blog is embedded with upteen different tools and information which are very critical and necessary as a teacher. Can't wait for another adventure!

No comments: