Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing #16 Wikis

I added in the sandbox about my experiences with library2play. I have enjoyed learning about blogging and the many ways to use it in my classroom. At the beginning I was scared, but now I can see the benefits of blogging. Library2play has been an eye opener for me, and I have enjoyed experimenting and trying new things.

Wikis are great tools to use with students who are shy, but really have great ideas. Sometimes writing can serve as the vehicle for discussing and sharing ideas. Another way I would like to use wikis is for lesson planning within my own team. We can share(with the help of the road maps)what we are going to teach, materials needed,reflections, and how to differenciate with our work stations in the classroom.

Wikis can also be used with our own study groups on a particular subject, book review, and book discussion. I know that we have book studies, and there are so many times that I have gone and my mind is blank. After a day of teaching or tutoring, my brain is totally zonked, and I can't think. Wikis are the tools to come in the future, as with everything, there are going to be changes coming with wikis to allow freedom, but at the same time allow privacy from Darth Vaders.

No comments: