Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #12 Commenting on blogs

As I was taking my early morning stroll with my dog Hannah Banana, we passed this pond with all sorts of birds. There were different types of birds and a few ducks. Just beyond the small bridge, I saw a mother duck with her brood. She was taking care of them and guiding their swim on this pond. Case in point: Blogging is like that pond with different birds. Each of us has to share a common ground which is called decorum. Blogging and commenting can go hand in hand if we all abide by the rules of just being nice. After all, blogging is a time to read, think, write/reflect on any given issue.

It is also good to note that on my journey to Land of Blog there is a Wicked Witch of the East called Darth Vaders--or simple put--people who are just plain mean! I guess in every work of art, like blogging, there has to be a negative force. I know if I ever receive such a comment from this type of person/s, I will gladly hit the delete button, and it will be lost forever!I heard a famous man say, "Your time and energy are precious to you; don't waste this on people who are mean,callous, and rude." I agree with this man!

I also made comments on the 5 librarytoplay players. I liked their blogs! Moreover, I also made 3 comments(positive) on outside bloggers. I liked one blog that belongs to a bilingual teacher who is just beginning her career. I know what is going through--been there--done that! I reassured her that it will get better.

Another interesting blog I visited was commenting on a novel called "Watership Down". He analyzed this novel very well! I only added that as teacher I liked this book. I liked his perspective on the rabbits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved your description of the negative people you encounter in blogging. I'm with you . . . I will not hesitate to delete those comments if/when I receive them.