Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing #23 - Summary of my Journey to the Wizard of Blog

I have finally reached the Land of Blog, and most importantly, I have seen the Great Wizard of Blog! My journey started late due to summer school, and I took each step and followed the yellow brick road until I arrived to the Great Wizard of Blog.

My favorite discovery was 2.0 Award List which gave oodles of tools to experiment, select, and download. This list is something every teacher should try and use in her classroom. I spent countless hours with this list. I enjoyed the different categories that were formulated, and I did not even know that this list existed.

I had to get out of my box in order to work on library2play, and build my confidence in the world of technology. Yes, I was afraid, but with each completed task, I had to enthusiasm to go forth and reach the Land of Blog.

This program was formulated with "the end in mind". Library2play planted a seed and it is up to us to nurture our journey by continuing to blog and write. Imagine if every teacher had the experience to work with library2play, our classrooms would be booming with students learning and enjoying coming to school.

The only improvement I would make is to allow more time to play and experiment with 2.0 Award List. As I said before, this part brings together all of the steps and tasks that were experienced before this step.

I would certainly take library2play again and again! I learned so much by doing and built a wealth of knowledge as I moved from step to step. This sure does beat sitting in a large room with oodles of people on Saturday morning. I was able to take my time and enjoy the learning.

Library2play allows teachers to learn via hands-on while building a wealth of knowledge to use in the classroom! Kuddos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom,

I saw this article about Mr. Rodgers and I thought it was heartwarming - like apple pie. :)

CNN: 15 Reasons to Love Mr. Rodgers