Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing #6 Part 2



Like my trading card? Another new adventure on the yellow brick road to the Land of Blog! What an experience! Lots to use with students this coming school year! Instead of wracking my brain--use some of the methods that I have learned in library2play. The Wicked Witch of the West will not win at all--I have overcome! Raise the roof!

You know, with school around the corner, I am going to implement this trading card for each student to make in my classroom the first week of school, and then print, cut out, and post in my classroom bulletin board. This is a great way to get to know other students, and for them to share about themselves without fear. Another idea is to have the students pair up and find each others trading card, and write (a quick write) about have they have learned about each other in their writer's notebook. Additionally, they could add this trading card to their writer's notebook. OR let them read my trading card to find out about me--their new teacher. Incidently, I will have to change and add new information to my card. OR vice-versa! I could read about the students in my class! Wow, I actually brain stormed this morning.

No comments: