Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing #18 Google Docs

Google Docs were interesting to me because of the many templates, ideas, or how it can be used. For example, I would say that team meetings would be an advantage to using Google Docs. Why? When an agenda is made, everyone can look at the agenda, make corrections, or add items to the meeting.

Another advantage of using Google Docs is to make schedules for Specials or in lesson planning for library use or research. Google Docs are portable and very easy to use. I am glad that I had the opportunity to look at the different uses.

The only disadvantage I can see is that the teacher/student is limited to the middle or high school. I know I can use a spread sheet for other things that elementary teachers have to keep up with. I would like to see the templates for DRA, OS, ARLAS, and other forms.

No comments: