Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing 8

Aha! I have been stumped with this assignment;however, I will come back to this and complete it. Now, I have returned to complete this assignment. I ran into the problem of uploading Jing to my computer. Anyhow, my intent was to screencast a session of how to have my 3rd grade bilingual students to access an e-book and write a summary of it on microsoft office word and to either print a copy or email it me. In this manner, I do not have to repeat the directions over and over. Moreover, with the new One Way Dual Language program, I can create this screencast in English or Spanish depending on the "language of instruction" for the week.

I have been asked continuously what is CCP? Let me explain. CCP(Consume, Critique, Produce) is a new writing program or system that I have to implement this year with my 3rd grade bilingual students. This assignment will allow my students to select an e-book and write a summary of this book.(which, by the way, is a TAKS skill that the student must achieve). CCP is a wonderful way to introduce reading and writing in a way that is nonthreatening.

No comments: