Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing 9

First of all, I believe that Slideshare can be utilized by students have. For one thing, I know that students are given an assignment on a particular topic, and WHAM! Students bring in posters with pictures that have been printed, cut, and pasted on posterboard. The point being is that grading all these beauties can be a chore. Why not let them design their report presentation on powerpoint and then use Slideshare to show their masterpieces!

This is a much better form of sharing with the class than carrying around a whole bunch of posters. This is not to mention the mess of glue running all over the posterboard. I think guiding students through the steps can really make projects interesting.

As a teacher, I really would love to have my powerpoint presentation on Slideshare to show my parents during Meet the Teacher Night. I think I will do this!

No comments: