Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing 10

Last week I attended a session about using interactive websites for a different subjects via the activ board. During that session, the instructor introduced the Second Life to us by letting us enter her house. She took us to visit one of her friends from New York, and allowed us to talk to her about what she was doing. I was fascinated with the magnitude of being able to speak to experts about certain topics.

For the classroom this would be a great adventure to take students to watch and speak to experts in any subject area. This would make science very interesting to see how a volcano looks like under the ocean! What a better way to teach or facilitate a learning experience by making it fun and real!

No comments: