Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing #6

I did a google search on scholar and found several journals(articles) that were detailing the many features and ways to use the iTouch.

Ways to Use iTouch
1. Teachers can download a specific activity, for example, a research project on a historical figure. Step by step instructions can be given for students to do: abstract page(that lists purpose, statement of the problems, delimitations, and summary/recommendations/), review of the selected literature, summary and recommendations.

2. Teachers can also have a guided format for students to use when working on book reports, book reviews, and comparing/contrasting books or authors.

3. Teachers can also download a series of directions to follow like a scavenger hunt to learn about the different areas of the library. This can include the fiction, nonficture, and so forth. This is a great way to have the students work as a team and learn about the library.

4. Teachers can create or download on specific skills in a particular subject like reading, math, social studies, or science for a group of students to use in the library. For me, GT students can be given independent projects to work on at their own pace.

4.

No comments: