Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #5

As for Facebook, I was abit more skeptical to use earlier this June, but with the 3 day staff development course CCP, I had to join! Now, I am more comfortable and at peace with using Facebook. Found one of my cousins waiting to talk to me there.

For the classroom, I am glad there is Facebook. With CCP, there will be plenty of times that Facebook will be used to share ideas, as I will be implementing CCP. If I need extra resources, help, or more guidance, I can get first hand knowledge via Facebook. Students or former students can communicate with me if needed at anytime. Facebook can also be utilized when groups of students need to discuss a particular assigned topic. Moreover, if students are having trouble during an assigned topic, the teacher can offer guidance, as well as, make recommendations.

As for twitter, this tool can be used also for teachers that need updates on staff developments or during inclement weather.

Backchanneling will be most helpful for me because during the school year. Let me explain. Usually around TAKS time, I am tutoring students, and staff meetings are held. Many times I do not receive all of the items that were discussed at staff meetings, which leave me feeling yuk! Sure I get some of the items that were discussed during the meeting, but I feel there are important issues that were left out. Since I am a detail person, I feel a mere here are major points aren't going to do it for me---here is where Backchanneling can be a real blessing!

2 comments:

VWB said...

sorry...what is CCP?

atxteacher said...

Using a backchannel for faculty meetings is very creative! Interesting idea.