Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Library2Play 2: Thing #3

Skype is a great tool to use to complete team planning road maps! Every teacher knows that team planning is essential to sharing ideas and completing the nine weeks road maps for each subject. There are many times during the year that these road maps need to be turned in to the administrator, and the team has had to plan too quickly.

Skype can help ease the pressure by offering time to discuss, share ideas, and get feedback from team members when the element of time is crucial. Skype can also be utilized when those agenda items have not been discussed. This is also a great tool to use with ACP Interns and their mentors for feedback and/or planning.

Remember IKE? Skype would have been an excellent tool to contact each other! I know that I had my computer with me during Ike as I made my journey to my sister's house in Austin. Moreover, I could have contacted other family members all over the country.

As a side note: teachers can use Skype during the school day to communicate with students who are researching in the library(if the Skype is available), or think about having meetings with parents to share about your classroom, TAKS prep, and other important information.

No comments: