Welcome To My World

My blog is my world of thoughts, pursuits, questions, and experiences. So relax, get a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me. I have taught at many schools, districts, and grade levels. So, I can say I do lead an interesting life.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #4

Using teaching/learning videos in the classroom can be an introductory tool for presenting a unit or can be utilized as a center for students to reinforce objectives that were covered. Imagine not having to toil for hours to find that magical way of presenting a new unit or an objective.

At the beginning of the year, I know that teachers need to have work stations available for students to use throughout the day. This tool would be a wonderful work station for students to see, hear, and understand concepts that were not mastered.

As far as uploading students' work, I know this tool can open a new world! Instead of assigning the usual book review or character study, students can create their projects and share with other students.(this certainly beats grading stacks of papers!)I think that sharing these videos with other students can bring the enthusiasm back to the classrom.

2 comments:

VWB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VWB said...

have you uploaded things to any of these sites? do you have a sample you could share with us?